Anxiety is a cruel thief that seems to make even little things harder. Your system is on high alert, so emotions feel like someone turned up the volume control and cause responses to be much bigger than the situation calls for. There is underlying fear, often without any clear cause on rationale. No matter how hard you try to “think positive”, it has minimal impact because anxiety seems to have a life of it’s own. When the anxiety is particularly strong, it can make it hard to take risks like speaking your mind or making decisions. Pretty soon, you can lose touch with your own values and needs, “I don’t even know who I am anymore.”
Luckily, there are proven strategies that bring relief and can help you feel more in control of your life. Our counseling sessions provide you with an action plan that can help you find a calmer norm. Learn how to identify and manage your fears in the moment, conquer old messages that keeps you bound up, and develop strategies to help you self-soothe. As you learn to master the skills, you will gain the confidence that you can successfully respond in any situation.
- Confront and desensitize your fears
- Let go of responsibilities that are not yours
- Know when, where and how to set limits so you feel more in control
- Become comfortable with change and flexibility
- Release self-imposed rules that keep you locked in old patterns
- Learn to take risks appropriately
- Have an action plan to avoid situations that aren’t good for you
Refuse to be conquered by a troubled heart. Let’s work to turns these challenges into opportunities.