- Anger Books
- Anxiety and Stress Books
- Career Books
- Death of a Pet Books
- Dependency Books
- Depression and Bipolar Books
- Eating Disorder Books
- Empowerment Books
- Grief Books
- Loss of a Child Books
- Relationship Books
- Sexual Abuse Survivor Books
- Resources for Woman
- Resources for Men
- Resources for Partners
- Trauma Books
- Transgender Books
– Anger: The Misunderstood Emotion. Tavirs, C.
– The Anger Workbook: A Woman’s Guide to Changing the Patterns of Intimate Relationships. Bildeau, L.
– The Dance of Anger. Lerner, H.
– Dealing with Anger: The Essential Reference. Livingstone, S.
– How to Disagree Without Being Disagreeable. Elgin, S. H.
– Managing Your Emotions. Donaldson, J.
– Of Course You’re Angry. Rosellini, & Worden.
Anxiety and Stress Books (Top)
– The Anxiety and Phobia Workbook. Bourne, E.
– Living With Fear: Understanding and Coping with Anxiety. Javanovich, B.
– Overcoming Worry and Fear. Hauck, P.
– The Relaxation and Stress Reduction Workbook (5th Ed.). Davis, Eshelman, & McKay.
– The Relaxation Response. Benson, H.
– Wisdom of Insecurity. Watts, A.
Career Books (Top)
– Hire yourself an employer
– What Color Is Your Parachute. Bolles, R.
– Wishcraft: How to Get What You Really Want. Sher, B.
Death of a Pet Books (Top)
– Coping with the Sorrow On the Loss of Your Pet. Anderson, M.
– Pet Loss and Human Bereavement. Kay, W.
– A Final Act of Caring: Ending the Life of An Animal Friend. Montgomery & Montgomery.
– The Loss of a Pet: A Guide to Coping With The Grieving Process When a Pet Dies. Sife, W.
– Animals as Teachers & Healers. McElroy, S.
– The Grieving Child: A Parent’s Guide. Fitzgerald, H.
– For Kids: When a Pet Dies. Rogers, F. Dog Heaven. Rylant, C. The Tenth Good Thing About Barney. Viorst, J. Charlottes’ Web. White, EB.
Dependency Books (Top)
– The Battered Woman. Walker, L.
– Boundaries and Relationships: Knowing, Protecting and Enjoying the Self . Whitfield, C.
– The Cinderella Complex. Dowling, C.
– Codependent No More: How to Stop Controlling Others & Start Caring For Yourself. Beattie, M.
– The Dance of Intimacy: A Woman’s Guide to Courageous Acts of Change in Key Relationships. Lerner, H.
– The Developing Mind: How relationships and the Brain Interact to Shape Who We Are. Siegel, D.
– A Gift to Myself: A Personal Guide to Healing My Child Within. Whitfield, C.
– I Hate You, Don’t Leave Me. Kreishman & Straus
– Love Is A Choice. Helmfelt, Minirth, & Meier.
– Pairing: How to Achieve Genuine Intimacy. Back & Deutch
– Struggle for Intimacy. Woititz, J
– Women Who Love Too Much. Norwood, R.
– Your Perfect Right. Laberti & Emmons
Depression & Bipolar Books (Top)
– The Bell Jar. Plath, S.
– Bipolar Disorder Survival Guide. Miklowitz, D.
– Darkness Visible. Styron, W.
– Depression: Conquering the Beast Within. Irwin, C.
– The Depression Workbook. Copeland, M. E.
– Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy. Burns, D.
– I Don’t Want To Talk About It: Overcoming the Secret Legacy of Male Depression. Real, T.
– Late Life Depression. Mathiasen & Levert
– Living Without Depression and Manic Depression: A Workbook for Maintaining Mood Stability. Copeland, M. E.
– Man’s Search For Meaning. Frankl, V.
– The Noonday Demon: An Atlas of Depression. Solomon, A.
– On the Edge of Darkness. Cronkite, K.
– Surviving Manic Depression. Torrey, E. F.
– An Unquiet Mind: A Memoir of Mood and Madness. Jamison, K. R.
– We Heard the Angels of Madness: One Family’s Struggle with Manic Depression. Berger, D.
– Your Erroneous Zones. Dyer, W.
– A Season In Hell. Hazelden, S.
Eating Disorder Books (Top)
Breaking Free From Compulsive Eating. Roth, G.
– Making Weight: Healing Men’s Conflict with Food, Weight, Shape and Appearance. Anderson, Cohn, & Holbrook
– Nourishing Your Daughter: Help Your Child Develop a Healthy Relationship with Food and Her Body. Beck, C.
– The Hungry Self: Women, Eating & Identity. Chernin, K.
– Overcoming Binge Eating. Fairburn, C.
– What Are You Hungry For? Women, Food and Spirituality. Ginsburg, L., & Taylor, M.
– Eating Disorders: The Journey to Recovery Workbook. Goodman, L. & Villapiano, M.
– Full Lives: Women Who Have Freed Themselves from Food and Obsession. Hall, L.
– Making Piece With Food. Kano, S.
– Fat Is A Feminist Issue. Orbach, S.
– Surviving and Eating Disorder: Perspectives and Strategies for Family and Friends. Siegel, Brisman, & Weinshel
– Reviving Ophelia. Piper, M.
– Hunger Pains: the Shelter of Each Other.
– Eat Like a Lady
– Transforming Body Image: Learning to Love the Body You Have. Hutchinson, M.G.
– Fat Is A Family Affair. Hollis, J.
Empowerment Books (Top)
– The Artist’s Way. Cameron, J.
– The Art of Selfishness. David Seabury
– Be the Person You Want to Find. Huber, C.
– Conversations with God. Walsh, D.
– Everyday Sacred. Bender, S.
– Love the Life You Life.
– Search for Significance. McGee, R. S.
– Traveling Mercies. Lamott, A.
Grief Books (Top)
– A Grief Observed. Lewis, C. S.
– A Time To Grief. Staudacher, C.
– Comforting Those Who Grieve. Manning, D.
– Don’t Take My Grief Away. Manning, D.
– Good Grief. Westber, G.
– Grief and Growth. Sullender, R.
– Healing Through Dark Emotions, Greenspan, M.
– How Can It Be All Right When Everything Is All Wrong. Smedes, L.
– How to Go On Living When Someone You Love Dies. Rando, T.
– How to Say Goodbye: Working Through Personal Grief. Smith, J. & Biggs, J.
– How to Survive the Loss of a Love. Colgrove, M.
– I Will Not Let You Go. Brown, V. D.
– In Memoriam. Nouwen, H. J.
– Letting Go with Love: The Grieving Process. O’Connor, N.
– Life After Loss. Caine, L.
– Making Loss Matter: Creating Meaning In Difficult Times. Albom, M., & Wolpe, D.
– The Meaning of Suffering. Sockman, R.
– Men and Grief. Staudacher, C.
– Necessary Losses. Virost, J.
– The Problem of Pain. Lewis, C. S.
– Questions and Answers on Death and Dying. Kubler-Ross, E.
– Transitions: Making Sense of Life’s Changes. Bridges, W.
– Understanding Grief: Helping Yourself Heal. Wolfelt, A. D
– What Helped Me When My Loved One Died. Grollman, E.
– When Bad Things Happen to Good People. Kusher, H. S.
Loss of a Child Books (Top)
– The Bereaved Parent. Schiff, H.
– How Do We Tell the Children? Schaefer, D. Lyons, C.
– How to Survive the Loss of a Child. Sanders, C.
– Lament for a Son. Wolterstorff, N.
– Nobody’s Child Anymore. Bartocci, B.
– When A Baby Dies: A Handbook for Healing and Helping. Limbo, R. & Wheeler, S.
– The Worst Loss: How Families Heal From the Death of a Child. Rosof, B.
Relationship Books (Top)
– The Art of Loving. Fromm, E.
– The Intimate Enemy: How to Fight Fair in Love and Marriage. Back & Wyden.
– Couples Guide to Communication. Gottman, Gonso & Markman
– The Five Love Languages. Chapman, G.
– Getting the Love You Want: A Guide for Couples. Hendrix, H.
– Hold Me Tight. Johnson, S.
– I Love You, Let’s Work It Out. Viscott, D.
– Intimate Partners. Scarf, M.
– Lies At the Altar: The Truth About Great Marriages. Smith, R.
– Mating In Captivity. Perel, E.
– New Rules of Marriage. Real, T.
– Not Just Friends: Rebuilding Trust and Recovering Your Sanity After Infidelity
– Passionate Marriage. Real, T.
– Passionate Marriages: Keeping Love and Intimacy Alive in Committed Relationships. Schnarch, D.
– Rebuilding When Your Relationship Ends. Fisher, D.
– Resurrecting Sex. Snarch, D.
Sexual Abuse Survivor Books (Top)
– Adults Molested as Children: A Survivor’s Manual for Women and Men. Bear & Dimock.
– Betrayal of Innocence: Incest and Its Devastations. Forward & Buck.
– Breaking the Silence: A Personal Story of Incest and Recovery. Platt, M.
– The Courage to Heal. Bass & Davis.
– Facing Shame: Families in Recovery. Fossum & Mason.
– Families in Recovery: Healing the Damage of Childhood Sexual Abuse. Engel, B.
– Family Secrets. Bradshaw, J.
– Healing The Shame That Binds You. Bradshaw, J.
– Memory and Abuse: Remembering and Healing the Wounds of Trauma. Whitfield & Courtois
– Not Child’s Play: An Anthology on Brother-Sister Incest. Shaw, R.
– Outgrowing the Pain: A Book for and About Adults Abused as Children. Gil, E.
– Overcoming Childhood Trauma. Kennerley, H.
– The Right to Innocence: Healing the Trauma of Childhood Sexual Abuse. Engel, B.
– The Sexual Healing Journey: A Guide for Survivors of Sexual Abuse. Maltz, W.
– Shame: The Power of Caring. Kaufman, G.
– Surviving Childhood Sexual Abuse: Practical Self-Help for Adults who were Sexually Abused as Children. Ainscough & Toon.
– When the Person You Love Was Sexually Abused as a Childre. Davis, L.
Resources for Women (Top)
– Because I Remember Terror, Father, I Remember You. Silverman, S. W.
– I Never Told Anyone: Writings by Women Survivors of Child Sexual Abuse. Bass & Thornton.
– Lady God. Luders, L.
– Miss America By Day. Van Derbur, M.
– The Kiss . Harrison, K.
– The Last Secret: Daughters Sexually Abused by Mothers. Bear & Rosencrans.
– Secret Survivors: Uncovering Incest and its Aftereffects in Women. Blume, S.
– The Vagina Chronicles.
Resources for Men (Top)
– Abused Boys: The Neglected Victims of Sexual Abuse. Hunter, M.
– Alone and Forgotten: The Sexually Abused Man. Tobin, R.
– Betrayed As Boys . Gartner, R. B.
– In My Father’s Arms: A True Story of Incest. De Milly, W.
– Leaping upon the Mountains: Men Proclaiming Victory over Sexual Child Abuse. Lew & Hoffman
– The Tricky Part . Moran, M.
– Victims No Longer: Men Recovering from Incest and Other Sexual Child Abuse. Bass & Lew.
– Wounded Boys Heroic Men: A Man’s Guide to Recovering from Child Abuse. Sonkin & Walker.
Resources for Partners (Top)
– Allies in Healing: When the Person You Love was Sexually Abused as a Child. Davis, L.
– Ghosts In The Bedroom: A Guide for Partners of Incest Survivors. Graber, K.
– Survivors and Partners: Healing Relationships of Sexual Abuse Survivors. Hansen, P.
– Trust After Trauma: A Guide to Relationships for Survivors & Those Who Love Them. Matsakis, A
– What About Me? A Guide for Men Helping Female Partners Deal with Childhood Sexual Abuse. Cameron, G.
– When You are the Partner of a Rape or Incest Survivor: A Workbook for You. Levine, R.
Resources for Parents (Top)
– Adult Children of Abusive Parents: A Healing Program for Those Who Have Been Physically, Sexually or Emotionally Abused. Farmer, S.
– See Chapter 8- Breaking the Cycle: The Next Generation.
– Beyond the Big Talk: Every Parent’s Guide to Raising Sexually Healthy Teens. Haffner, D.
– The Courage to Raise Good Men. Rashbaum & Silverstein
– Everyday Blessings: The Inner Work of Mindful Parenting . Kabat-Zinn, M & J.
– From Diapers to Dating: A Parents Guide to Raising Sexually Healthy Children. Haffner, D.
– The HeartMath Solution. Childre & Martin.
– How to Talk So Kids Will Listen and Listen So Kids Will Talk. Faber & Mazlish
Trauma Books (Top)
– EMDR: The Breakthrough Therapy for Overcoming Anxiety, Stress and Trauma. Shapiro, F.
– Emotional Healing At Warp Speed: The Power of EMDR. Grand, D.
– The Gift of Fear: Survival Signal that Protect Us from Violence. De Becker, G.
– Healing the Child Within. Whitfield, C.
– Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder Sourcebook. Schiraldi, G. R.
– Protecting the Gift: Keeping Children and Teenagers Safe (and Parents Sane). De Becker, G.
– Somatoform Dissociation. Jenhuis, N.
– Trauma and Addiction. Dayton, T.
– Trauma and Recovery. Herman, J.
– The Trauma Spectrum: Hidden Wounds and Human Resiliency. Saer, R.
– Traumatic Stress. Valderkolk, B.
– Waking the Tiger: Healing Trauma. Levine & Frederick
– Your Perfect Right. Alberti & Emmons.
Transgender Books (Top)
– Backlash. Faludi, S.
– Hormonal Sex Reassignment . Gooren, L.
– International Journal of Transgenderism (full text articles on-line)
– Just the Facts About Sexual Orientation & Youth: A Primer for Principals, Educators and School Personnel.
– Sex Reassignment. Thirty Years of International Follow-up Studies After Sex Reassignment Surgery: A Comprehensive Review , 1961-1991 by Friedemann, P. and Junge, A. http://www.symposion.com/ijt/pfaefflin/1000.htm
– Nurturing Queer Youth, Fish & Harvey
– The Transgender Child, Brill
– Transsexual’s Children . Green, R.
– The Transsexual Phenomenon. Benjamin, H.
– Tranifesto. Kailey, M.
– Transsexual Women’s Resources . Lawrence, A.
– Witnessing and Mirroring: A Fourteen Stage Model of Transsexual Identity Formation. Devor, A.
– Helping Your Transgender Teen: A Guide For Parents. Krieger, I.
– The Transgender Child. Brill & Pepper.
– Gender Born, Gender Made: Raising Healthy Gender Non-conforming Children. Ehrensaft, D.
– Beyond Magenta: Transgender Teens Speak Out. Kuklin, S.